Tandayapa Bird Lodge and its surrounds are located within the most popular and accessible areas for birding in Ecuador, which is one of the best countries in the world for birds, boasting more than 1600 species within its borders. eBird lists more than 420 bird species for Tandayapa Bird Lodge, and when you add the extra species possible on day trips from there, it increases to more than 600 species in areas accessible from the lodge. Therefore, it is unsurprising that Tandayapa Bird Lodge is listed as a Birding Hotspot in eBird, regularly featuring among the top 30 of these in Ecuador.
Tandayapa Bird Lodge offers BIRDING TOUR PACKAGES, with a fulltime, professional Birding Guide, for between 1 and 5 days.
|Full Day Tour||2 Days Tour||3 Days Tour||4 Days Tour||5 Days Tour|
|Day 1||Zuroloma – Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuroloma – Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuro Loma / Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuro Loma / Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuro Loma / Tandayapa Bird Lodge|
|Day 2||Tandayapa Valley||Milpe / Silanche||Milpe / Silanche||Milpe / Silanche|
|Day 3||Tandayapa Valley||Tandayapa Valley||Tandayapa Valley|
|Day 4||Refugio Paz||Mashpi Amagusa|
|Day 5||Refugio Paz|
These BIRDING TOUR PACKAGES include:
• Transportation with a full time, licensed driver.
• Bilingual, professional BIRDING GUIDE.
• Meals, from lunch on the first day to lunch on the final day.
• Lodging at Tandayapa Bird Lodge, for tours longer than 1 day.
• Entrance fees to all of the reserves specified in the itinerary.
Tandayapa Bird Lodge is in an excellent, central location, close to other superb birding destinations. Therefore, typically, visiting birders spend time there to bird not only the lodge, the lodge property and the surrounding Tandayapa Valley, but also many of the other nearby birding hotspots, which also regularly feature in hotspot lists on eBird. This leads to a bird list of more than 600 species recorded in the areas covered by Tandayapa Bird Lodge visits and tours.
Some of the other popular birding hotspots, often visited from the lodge include:
(All of these require a vehicle to get there)
- Zuro Loma (Temperate Neotropical Cloud Forest) with feeders – Elevation of 10,225ft/3120m
- Yanacocha (Temperate Neotropical Cloud Forest) with feeders – Elevation of 10,500ft/3200m
- Refugio Paz de las Aves (Subtropical Neotropical Cloud Forest) with feeders – Elevation of 6235ft/1900m
- Amagusa, Mashpi (Subtropical and Foothill Neotropical Cloud Forest) with feeders – Elevation of 2625-5575ft/800-1700m
- Milpe Bird Sanctuary (Foothill Neotropical Cloud Forest) with feeders – Elevation of 3775ft/1150m
- Rio Silanche (Lower Foothill and Lowland Rainforest) – Elevation of 1310ft/400m