Tandayapa Bird Lodge has long been established as a «mecca» for bird photographers.
The lodge has 2 principal photography areas:
1. The BALCONY – This area is where you can take photos of around 16 species of hummingbirds using either natural light, or by using Multiflash Techniques in order to get the “perfect” shot and freeze their rapidly beating wings in flight. The lodge has a number of professional photo guides that can teach the use of Multiflash Techniques to achieve these astounding results for yourself, and it can also rent equipment (extra flashes, tripods and backdrops), for doing this too.
2. FRUIT FEEDERS – On the other side of the main building, and within view of the many of the dining tables, lies the fruit feeders, which are stocked with bananas, papayas and other tropical fruits daily. These attract a variety of birds, including an assortment of tanagers, with Golden, Flame-rumped and Golden-naped Tanagers being the most regular of these. Rufous Motmot, Toucan Barbet, Thick-billed Euphonia and Crimson-rumped Toucanet are all also routine visitors. The feeders also get sporadic visits from other animals too, like olingos, kinkajous by night, and squirrels and an impressive local carnivore, the Tayra, by day.
Tandayapa Bird Lodge offers PHOTO TOUR PACKAGES, with a fulltime, professional Photo Guide, for between 1 and 5 days.
|Full Day Tour||2 Days Tour||3 Days Tour||4 Days Tour||5 Days Tour|
|Day 1||* Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuro Loma / Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuro Loma / Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuro Loma / Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Zuro Loma / Tandayapa Bird Lodge|
|Day 2||* Tandayapa Bird Lodge||Bird Watcher House/ San Tadeo||Bird Watcher House/ San Tadeo||Bird Watcher House/ San Tadeo|
|Day 3||* Tandayapa Bird Lodge||* Tandayapa Bird Lodge||* Tandayapa Bird Lodge|
|Day 4||Refugio Paz||* Mashpi Amagusa / Tandayapa Bird lodge|
|Day 5||Refugio Paz|
*Days when Multiflash will be used.
These PHOTO TOUR PACKAGES include:
• Transportation with a full time, licensed driver.
• Transfers between Quito and Tandayapa Bird Lodge.
• Bilingual, professional PHOTO GUIDE.
• Multiflash equipment.
• Meals, from lunch on the first day to lunch on the final day.
• Lodging at Tandayapa Bird Lodge, for tours longer than 1 day.
• Entrance fees to all of the reserves specified in the itinerary.